Welcome to Day 2!
We will be focusing on stress. the parasympathetic nervous system (PSNS) and the sympathetic nervous system (SNS).
Some of the information discussed:
1. Stress is necessary. We have physiological stress that is necessary for health.
3. Stress is good at certain times to help adrenaline that may be needed.
4. Chronic stress without breaks or recovery will tip us into disease and imbalance.
5. SNS - “stress reaction”. Blood goes to the brain, heart, muscles. It is what we need to get away from danger.
6. PSNS - opposite of this - relaxation phase. Blood goes to GI system, detoxing organs like the liver and rest of the body. Necessary for good health.
7. We need to actively spend time in the PSNS throughout the day!
8. Plan your time to do this, give yourself permission, especially with the holidays!
Note: if video playback is jerky, it likely means the video is buffering and waiting for your internet to catch up. If this happens, just hit the download icon (down arrow in lower right hand corner of video) and watch once it downloads. You can also tap the double arrow icon to put the video in full screen mode.
Like what you see? Feel free to share it!